Black Dog Animal Hospital
No Show and Cancellation Deposit Policy
Effective March 1, 2022
Dear Valued BDAH Clients,
Due to the Covid19 pandemic, veterinary clinics around the world have been faced with heightened demand. Unfortunately this has made flexibility and scheduling timely appointments for clients and patients more challenging. Here at Black Dog Animal Hospital we are currently scheduling out 2-3 months for surgical procedures, 4-5 weeks for wellness visits and sometimes days for sick patients.
Despite text, email and phone reminders, we are still experiencing an all time high of clients who don’t show up for their appointments (no shows) and last minute cancellations.
While we understand things out of our control do come about, it is important to also understand that every appointment time, whether it be routine, surgical or unexpected, is very valuable. Every ‘no show’ and last minute cancellation takes away from another pet in need. Because of this, we are enacting the following policy, effective March 1, 2022.
New Client Reservation Fee –
- New clients are required to pay a $50 reservation fee at the time of scheduling their first appointment.
- If scheduling an appointment for two pets, each pet requires the fee.
- Reservation fee will be credited towards the appointment at the appointment time.
- Reservation fee will be credited at appointment time if appointment needs to be rescheduled and is done so 24 hours or more in advance.
- Reservation fee will NOT be credited in the occurrence of a ‘no show’ and/or cancellation under 24 hours.
Existing Clients –
- If you are an established client here at BDAH, and you miss your appointment:
– You do NOT need to pay for the reservation fee the 1st missed, however if missed again you will be asked to pay the reservation fee as listed above.
– This will be forfeited if you miss that rescheduled appointment.
– The next time missing an appointment: you will no longer be allowed to schedule in exam room appointments. Only day admit options will be allowed, and the reservation fee will again be required.
Surgery Clients –
- Rescheduling must be done no shorter than 24 hours in advance.
- No Shows and cancellations made within less than 24 hours will be required to pay a $200 reservation fee to reschedule the procedure which will be applied to the procedure at the time of service. If this appointment is missed, the reservation fee will not be credited to your account and will be lost.
- New clients are to schedule an appointment to be seen by one of our veterinarians prior to scheduling any surgical procedure. See above ‘New Client Deposit for reference.